Why Should you get a Sewer Lateral Line inspection?
A homeowner is responsible for the maintenance of the sewer lateral line from their home to the main sewer line. Tree and bush roots are common to infiltrate the lines and they need to be cleaned out on occasion.
The inspector is looking for major blockages that might require extensive clean out or collapsed pipes.
Here are some common reasons to have a sewer lateral inspection:
- The home was built before 1979
- Mature trees or bushes on property
- $150 is cheaper than finding a surprise sewer repair
- Some municipalities have programs to assist with lateral replacement.
- Call us today and I will help you snake through the process.
Have more real estate questions?
Posted in: Q&A
Back to: Real Estate Questions