15 Jan Home Updates With Great ROI
Now that your holiday guest have gone home (finally!) it’s time to start thinking about the year ahead. If selling your home is on your to-do list for 2019, take some time to walk through your house with a critical eye. There’s likely more than a few things that need repairs or improvements before listing this spring. But how do you know what’s worth spending the money on and what things won’t bring you any return on your investment when you sell?
We’re constantly out and about in St. Louis so if you’d like us to stop by and give you an in-person evaluation, just call (314) 802-0797. We seen it all and then some so we’ll be able to provide you with an expert opinion of what’s worth the money. But if you’d like to tackle this on your own, here’s a list of some home improvements you’ll want to consider making before listing your home:
- Updating an outdated kitchen
- Remodeling the bathrooms, but especially the master bath
- Replacing carpets and/or refinishing your wood floors
- Repainting the interior of your home a neutral color
- Replacing and resealing any windows that need it
- Replacing the garage door
- Replacing the font door with a sturdier version
- Adding insulation
- Upgrade the fixtures in your home
- Adding additional square feet to your home’s floor plan
- Repairing or replacing the roof
- Landscape improvements, especially in the front of the home
And though these last two may have to wait until spring, they should still be on your list of updates to consider!