12 Mar A Quick Refresher on What to Do Before Buying a House
In last month’s blog we gave some tips on selling your home. Spring and summer is traditionally the time that most people buy a home. Since Spring is almost here, we wanted to remind you of the steps to take if you’re planning to sell your home this year.
Here’s where you should begin:
- Clean up your credit report if needed
- Avoid changing jobs, opening new credit cards, or making big purchases
- Meet with a lender to get pre-qualified for a loan
- Determine how much you’d ideally like to spend on a home
- Make a list of the features you’re looking for
- Learn about the different St. Louis area neighborhoods
- Find the perfect real estate agent
- Begin searching for homes!
Though the real estate market has shifted in recent months, it’s still critically important for homebuyers to be prepared before they ever start visiting open houses and touring homes. Setting yourself up to succeed from the beginning will tame some of the anxieties that commonly come with purchasing a home and help you avoid disappointments.
Ready to get started? We have a team of experienced agents that will be with you every step of the way to guide you through the home buying process. Click here to request your free consultation. And be sure to ask about our free homebuyer’s guide!