25 Mar Start a Bear Hunt in Your Neighborhood! – Hide Items in Your Windows for Kids to Find
We are super excited to present The Official Neighborhood Bear Hunt! What is a bear hunt you ask? It is when neighbors put teddy bears in the windows for kids to find when they go on walk. You may have already heard about this fun way to help entertain our community during this time of shelter in place, but let us assure you, this is not your average bear hunt.
THIS Neighborhood Bear Hunt (NBH) will be setting up new weekly challenges for participants to help make this time of uncertainty a little more bearable (wink). We hope this serves as a fun and free gesture to help us feel like we are all still in this together … while, you know, still observing our responsibility to social distance … and BONUS, if we are lucky – to bring a smile to our little cubs as well as the Mama + Papa Bears when they get out for some fresh air.
How it works …
Each week NBH will post the new “hunt” on social media + our website. Participants will be asked to hide the weekly item in a window of their home or business that is visible from the street, creating a new and exciting weekly adventure for the kids when they go for a stroll.
Easy-peasy lemon squeezy!
We encourage you to post your weekly adventures on our social media pages for everyone to enjoy. Like us! Follow us! Hashtag us! Heck, even tag us!
How to participate …
1. Invite your neighbors, schools, and local business owners to participate. Click below to download email. *Note: there is no sign up required or personal information required
2. Print out the official “NBH Proud Participant” door decal here
3. Stick the decal on the upper right corner on your front door
(this will help the littles know you are participating)
4. Check out our Calendar to see this weeks hunt
5. Hide this weeks item in one of your windows visible from the street
… Voila! Instant merriment had by all!