23 Apr Spring Cleaning
The Netflix reality show Tidying Up with Marie Kondo was all the rage this year and had everyone joking about which items they own actually spark joy in their life, but it’s probably safe to assume you still haven’t started the declutering process. With warmer weather on the way, now is the time to open the windows and get started on your spring-cleaning!
While you can certainly clean your home from floor to ceiling and really get into every nook and cranny, you don’t need to clean absolutely everything to make a huge difference.
If you’re cleaning with the intention to sell your home later this year, here are the big things you shouldn’t skip:
- Clean scuff marks off your baseboards
- Touch up paint throughout your home
- Professionally shampoo your carpet
- Vacuum, mop, and polish (if needed) your floors
- Replace light bulbs
- Dust everything
- Clean air vents
- Reseal tile and grout
- Scrub bathrooms and showers from top to bottom
- Unclog drains
- Deep clean your oven, stove, microwave, and dishwasher
If you are planning to sell later this year, make sure to download our free seller’s checklist. Once you’re done cleaning, this guide will take you through the next steps to get ready to list your home.
Ready to talk with an agent? Click here to request your free consultation!