Have you considered getting into Real Estate?

What is the difference between a real estate agent and a real estate broker?

In the state of Missouri a real estate agent or real estate salesperson (these terms are interchangeable) is someone who has taken the state required courses and passed the real estate licensing test.

An agent/salesperson is required to work underneath a real estate broker for 2 years. After these 2 years the agent/salesperson may take the state required brokers courses and pass the brokers test in order to become a real estate broker. A real estate broker may then operate their own real estate office or continue to work under their same broker.

Example: Adam Kruse is the managing broker for Hermann London while David Stewart is a real estate agent who works for Hermann London.

The difference between a Real Estate Agent and a Realtor is that a Realtor is a Real Estate Agent that is a member of the National Association of Realtors (NAR) through their local association, for example, The St. Louis Association of Realtors (SLAR).


All members of Hermann London Real Estate Group are Realtors with all of the necessary tools and equipment to help our clients buy and sell Real Estate anywhere in Missouri.

Posted in: Q&A

Back to: Real Estate Questions

Skip to content