17 Nov REALTOR® Spotlight: Matthew S. Simon
Posted at 17:33h in Agents, Hermann London Real Estate Group, St. Louis Realtor
Get to know the people behind the most trusted name in St. Louis Real Estate!
Agent Highlight Q’s:
- Name: Matthew S. Simon
- Title: Commercial Broker
- Residential or Commercial: Commercial, specializing in Tenant Representation, Industrial, Retail, and Investments
- Number of years in the industry: 13 Years
- Area of specialty: Central I-64/40 Corridor, Fenton, I-170 Corridor.
- Little known fact about Matthew: While on vacation in Amsterdam, I saved a Scottish man’s life who was choking on a hot dog by performing the Heimlich maneuver.
- Best piece of advice as a real estate professional: “Focus on asset value over cash flow. Stop neglecting your asset because you want every penny of cash flow. It’s short-sighted and destroys value. If you need a new roof, get it done. If you need to pay a commission to get a good tenant. Pay it. If you’re only in it for the monthly cash flow, buy a bond.”
- App Matthew uses the most: Twitter – If you look hard enough, there are a lot of industry professionals that provide great advice and value.
- Matthew’s Favorite STL Restaurant: Maplewood’s The Blue Duck, followed by Rock Hill’s Farotto’s, University City’s Salt + Smoke, and Frontenac’s Kreis’ Steakhouse
- Tell us a joke: How is Christmas like your job? You do all the work and the fat guy in the suit gets all the credit!